How to reconvert and automate a machine tool: a new solution supplied by Elbo Italy
How to reconvert and automate machine tools quickly and on a budget? If you work with machine tools and provide maintenance service, you know the 3R Rule is what your customers swear to. Your solution must be Rapid, Reasonably Priced, and Reliable.
The 3R Rule is also what Elbo Italy swears by; the company vaunts an outstanding production of positioners, digital readouts, optical scales, and magnetic sensors. Recently, Elbo Italy developed a new solution for the market.
GENIUS 4X positioner promises to automate machine tools with no installation of numerical control system – worldwide known as pricey and complex to understand by end-users.
A HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION, WHICH PUTS THE END-USER AT THE CORE…
To acquire a numerical control system might represent a hazardous move for a company – even facing the need to improve the production process due to high volume orders.
The new Elbo Italy’s positioner is to reconvert manual machine tools and maximize the machine’s performance while keeping the budget under control.
Easy to use, GENIUS 4X is a solution tailored to customers’ needs. The end-user can install specific features, according to the use the machine is intended for.
…AND THE RETAILER TOO: GENIUS 4X’s BENEFITS
However, the end-user is not the only one to benefit from GENIUS 4X; to bring GENIUS 4X to market is as easy for the retailers.
Frequently, the cost of installing a numerical control system and the price of the device itself overcome the machine’s worth. The result is a big pass by the customer, who prefers to buy a new, modern machine at that point.
Elbo Italy’s new positioner fits outdated and cheap machine tools, offering retailers a product on a budget but capable of delivering a huge, positive impact on the producing process.
GENIUS 4X is easy to install and can be launched through its keyboard or a remote connection. The new positioner by Elbo Italy is solid and comes with a one-year warranty.
GENIUS 4X provides several features, such as working cycle, and leads to enter many working parameters (such as feed, spindle, etc.). It presents several Inputs/Outputs on PLC, to cover as many executions as possible.
Elbo Italy’s new positioner is for:
– 3 Axis Machines with 1 Axis Motor (AC or DC), Clutch and 1 Axis Inverter only (sequential axis movements);
– 3 Axis Machines with 3 Axis Motors (Ac or DC) and 1 Axis Inverter only (sequential axis movements);
– 3 Axis Machines with 3 Motors (AC or DC), 3 Axis Inverters (simultaneous axis movements; Spindle On/Off; Spindle Clockwise/Anticlockwise). An external potentiometer controls the spindle speed;
– 3 Axis Machines with 3 Axis Motors (Ac or DC), 3 Axis Inverter, 1 Spindle Inverter (simultaneous axis movements; Spindle Speed; Spindle Clockwise/Anticlockwise);
– 4 Axis Machines with 4 Motors (AC or DC), and 1 Axis Inverter (sequential axis movement);
– 4 Axis Machines with 4 Motors (Ac or DC), and 4 Axis Inverters (simultaneously axis movements);
– 4 Axis Machines with 4 Motors (Ac or DC), and 4 Axis Inverters (simultaneously axis movements; Spindle On/Off; Spindle Clockwise/Anticlockwise). An external potentiometer controls the spindle speed.
Languages available are Italian, French, and German, but other languages might be included if required.
About the operation modes, GENIUS 4X includes:
– Automatic Mode: GENIUS 4X executes programs recalled from internal memory and entered via keyboard; moreover, the end-user can use the MDI Command for executing movements or commands.
– Semiautomatic Mode: it leads to execute all the functions provided by the automatic mode but step by step.
– Manual Mode: when in manual mode, GENIUS 4X operates as an ordinary digital readout, displaying the position in mm or inches; several functions are supplied, such as flange center, angles or slopes inclinations, shrinkage calculation, axes summation, and X, Y, Z, W travel speeds.
Finally, the new positioner supplied by Elbo Italy offers the chance to expand the connectivity and is shielded by electromagnetic waves.
COSTS (AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT) MINIMIZED, MAXIMIZED PRODUCTION RATE
The use of GENIUS 4X leads to:
– A significant increment of the production;
– Repeatability and accuracy guarantee;
– Time spare;
– Improved precision;
– Fewer discards;
– No mistakes allowed: the customized electronic process keep to a minimum the available functions, according to the special needs of the end-users
Who says that only fashion can be second-hand and therefore eco-friendly? GENIUS 4X fits the description. In fact, the new positioner by Elbo Italy allows reconverting outdated machine tools whose obsolescence would lead to removal.
To install GENIUS 4X means to respect the planet and take the environmental issue seriously.
YOUR TRUSTED BUSINESS PARTNER FOR MACHINE TOOLS ACCESSORIES (AND NOT YOURS ONLY)
With more than forty years in the sector, Elbo Italy benefits from a wide net of retailers to serve the foreign markets. The engineering team takes care of the customer from the early stage of the process and offers post-sales support.
Elbo Italy’s wide range of products is not subject to usury and presents average lifecycle of 10 years. The company performs random checks to guarantee that any device works and deals fine with margins of tolerance. Moreover, before shipping, any product undergoes final testing; the estimated delivery time is three working days.
Thousands and thousands of customers take daily advantage of Elbo Italy’s proposition. Speaking of which, do you know that the University of Bologna employs Elbo Italy’s measurement instruments for its machines?
NUMBERS THAT SPEAK VOLUME
– 40: years in business by Elbo Italy;
– 75%: the percentage of costs spared by using GENIUS 4X;
– 90%: Elbo Italy’s customer loyalty rate